Learn about Living Wall Biofilters from one of North America’s leading innovators of Living Wall technology! Nedlaw Living Walls founder, Dr. Alan Darlington, will be speaking at two different building tours during the upcoming Grey to Green Conference in Toronto on Wednesday May, 22, 2013. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from one of North America’s leading innovators of Living Wall technology. The tours also offer a chance to learn more about the Nedlaw systems and their real life applications in an intimate and informal setting. The Grey to Green Conference is organized by Green Roofs for Healthy Cities.
Waterfront Revitalization and Green Infrastructure Walking Tour
The first is the Waterfront Revitalization and Green Infrastructure Walking Tour. Dr. Darlington will be speaking at our Corus Quay project. The 6 story, 1,130 square foot, two sided living wall biofilter overlooks Lake Ontario. The biofilters act as indoor air purifiers consuming volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and other air contaminants and is one of the largest interior living wall installed in North America to date.
This biofilter has also been awarded a Landscape Ontario Award of Excellence from the Horticultural Trades Association. Dr. Darlington will be on site discussing the living wall and its benefits, as well as answering questions.
Date/Time: Wednesday May 22, 2013 from 9:00am – 11:30am
- Canada’s Sugar Beach (Harbourfront) [9:05am - 9:30am]
- Corus Quay, 2012 Awards of Excellence Biowall – 25 Dockside Drive [9:30am-10:00am]
- George Brown College – Waterfront Campus – 51 Dockside Drive [10:00am-10:40am]
- Sherbourne Common – Queens QuayEast [10:45am-11:30am]
Green Roof and Wall Tour
The second tour is the Green Roof and Wall Tour (Walking and Public Transit). Dr. Darlington will be on site at the Robertson Building. This nine year old living wall biofilter is one of the first living walls ever installed by Nedlaw, then known as Air Quality Solutions.
The biofilter is composed of several varieties of exotic indoor plants and provides a beautiful welcome to the Robertson Building while serving as an effective air purifying system. Dr. Darlington will be answering questions and discussing the benefits of the living wall.
Cost: $30 (Public transit costs are not included)
Date/Time: Wednesday May 22, 2013 from 9:00am – 12:30pm
- Metro Central YMCA – 20 Grosvenor Street [9:05am-9:40am]
- Green Roof Innovation Testing Laboratory (Grit Lab), John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design | University of Toronto – 230 College Street [10:00am-10:45am]
- Robertson Building – 215 Spadina Avenue [11:00-11:30am]
- Toronto City Hall Podium Green Roof – 100 Queen Street West [12:00pm-12:30pm]
How to Register
We encourage you to join Dr. Darlington on one of these fantastic tours. Register for either tour on the Grey to Green Conference registration page. Space is limited, so be sure to buy your ticket today. For additional information, visit the Grey to Green Conference website.